With a love of American history, Daniel Hrinko has been an active member in historical re-enactment for over 30 years. Originally, Daniel studied and built a variety of items for personal satisfaction and to accurately equip his camp for various re-enactments. In the process, he drew the attention of other re-enactors seeking similar pieces of the highest quality for themselves and for their homes.
Daniel can be found at various re-enactments and historical market fairs around the country where he crafts bentwood boxes entirely by hand on-site. He has been commissioned for a variety of items and specializes in a variety of both joined and bentwood box styles. Each item is meticulously constructed and identified with a maker’s label in the style of the late 18th century.
Daniel works part-time in his shop for a refreshing break from his career as a Court Psychologist. He enjoys leaving the 21st century to connect with the skilled artisans of our past, studying the craftsmanship of an earlier time, and creating beautiful period pieces. We hope you enjoy what you see as you review samples of Daniel’s work. If you are interested in learning more or if you have any questions, please visit our Contact page. Daniel would enjoy hearing from you!
Interested in meeting Daniel? Following is a list of upcoming events where you may meet Daniel in person and learn more about his craft:
- April 25-25 - Fort Frederick Market Fair, Fort Frederick, Md - http://www.friendsoffortfrederick.info/market_fair.htm
- July 27-28 - Gathering at the Garst Museum, Greenville, Oh - http://www.gatheringatgarst.com
- August 16-17 - Contemporary Long Rifle Association, Lexington, Ky - http://www.longrifle.ws/
- August 31-September 1 - Fair at New Boston, Springfield, Oh - http://www.fairatnewboston.org/
- September 14-15 - Market Fair at George Washington’s Mount Vernon, Mount Vernon, Va - http://www.mountvernon.org/
Daniel is recognized by both the Early American Life Directory of Traditional American Crafts and the Society of American Period Furniture Makers.